Thursday 2 January 2020

Boots

I'm mulling over ideas for covering my tactical boots, I still want to go with some sort of gaiter, but secured by an internal strap the boot laces pass through to keep the gaiter from wandering around my lower legs and causing problems.

I don't want to put grommets or change the boots, as they were purchased specifically to go through security without requiring removal. In other words, they don't have metal in them.


They're finally getting broke in enough to be comfortable in the field. They're not waterproof to survive Anvil's mud, so I will need to alter a pair of wellies for those times the field turns into a quagmire. But for the battlefield and non-quagmire events, these will be my primary footwear.

The heel gap isn't very much, which is why I think a stirrup will probably collect clots of grass and mud. The slant of the top of the boot and the padding is visible, and why I was talking about the pivot or lever with rigid materials such as steel greaves.

No comments: