Wednesday 18 September 2019

Seppa kit test and preparations

Ah, it's a dozen-hundred little things that all add up to looking good on the field...

Early kit preparations

Some of the preparation is small stuff, such as removing irritating labels or labels that are in awkward places where they'll show up and break immersion with their glaringly plastic presence. The Burgschneider scapular is one with multiple labelling sins, awkwardly located and destructive-to-garment-integrity labels; don't do what they did with their scapular. Yes, I did put this complaint in my product review of their scapular on their site; whether they accepted or permitted it on their page, I haven't checked.

Burgschneider's scapular with its (left) awkwardly-placed label and if I break the stitches to remove the labels, I might damage the garment. Annoying!

Sometimes, removing the label is easy, other times, it's impossible to do without breaking the integrity of the garment. Returning to Burgschneider, their leg wraps, aka winingas, have one easy-to-remove label, unlike the scapular.

Burgschneider winingas have an easy-to-remove label.

Other times, it's selectively removing portions of a garment that doesn't fit and can be glaring in its modernity, such as a chest pocket.

Chest pocket and scratchy shirt label, begone!



 


















Then there's the latex mask and its makeup. I don't have Snazaroo, which is the go-to for many people, I do have Grimas water makeup, so that's what I'll use to fill in those areas where my naked skin shows on my face. I will also see about decorating the mask with personalisations such as ear and facial piercings, and possibly some facial markings on the upper left side of the face.

Orc mask by Mandala Studios



Another is getting the group emblem. I failed in this first attempt because I slapped on the paint and didn't replicate the style the others of the group bear on their warskirts. Lesson learned, scrutinise the group's kit more before the painting.


Second attempt, after having another look at some of the emblems, and I managed this in chalk. I'll commit to the paint once I've had another good scrutiny at several of the emblems and sketched up some extra notes. Left wing... LEFT WING...



To-do list (atop everything else of the previous to-do list):
  • Jewellery and tat
  • Decorate and secure the fabric layers of the warskirt


No comments: