Monday 16 March 2020

Mask

At The Little Mother's Ball, one of the other orcs, Redhand Gezzar, used a wig cap to keep their hair out of their eyes and out of the eye holes of their mask.

I ordered some wig caps to try out. The more robust wig cap is a bit too tight, causing pressure headaches. The cheap (and fragile) hosiery style one was more comfortable and didn't cause pressure headaches.

I've tried balaclava style covers, and they slide off, because my skull has to go into the mask forehead-first, not crown-first, as my crown seems to be enormous and won't fit through the neckhole (or it might, but I also feel as if I'd end up tearing my mask, and I want to avoid that).

Imagine those illustrations of babies coming through the vagina and vulva, their foreheads are leading the way... yeah, I have to do that with the mask.




The one upside of the wig caps is that it fits over my ears, so I don't have to paint my ears.




The downside of the caps is that they make it a bit more challenging to get glasses on and in place. Though the hold on my glasses appears to be quite firm, once they are in place.

No comments: