Sunday 22 December 2019

Yet more kit.

It's all still works-in-progress, but it might entertain a reader of this blog to see another of the objects in their various states and conditions.

Seppa's belt.
The belt, it's still very pretty and clean and neat. It needs a bit of abuse and some stains and oils and waxes once I've finished tooling the leather. I might add the Varushkan spider on it somewhere. There will be some D-ring loops for it as well, so that I can hang some tat onto the D-rings.

Concerns

I do have them.

One that's been hanging over me is what I'm doing with my legs below the knees. I will wear my tactical boots, for the ankle support and that I can walk in them pretty much all day in relative comfort. Not as comfortable as trainers, but the trainers don't mesh with LARP and have no ankle support. I do have some metal-slats greaves, and I have padded canvas leg armour, but the tactical boots have a thick padded cuff that ends around the bottom of my calves, and that dead space between there and my knees, has me worried about how to adequately fill in that area so I don't harm my already wonky and fragile knees when the leg armour tilts on the boot top fulcrum and slams into my patellae. Leather straps around my ankles not withstanding, I'm too heavy for the greaves not to tilt into my knees.

I do have two pairs of winingas, or leg wraps, or puttees, all three names pretty much mean the same thing. They don't really work with the boots, and I'm again stuck with that dead space between top of the boot and the 15cm or so to my patellae.

Another option is a boot topper or gaiter, but there's that dead space again. I suppose I could have the gaiters made to knee height, and then stitch in a very thick padding to fill the dead space.

I'll have to ask the group to see how to get around it.

Side notes

I may have to make a few vertical pouches to hold the mana crystal cards and any herbs or resources that I have spare.

I think tomorrow, I will try to start drawing the lines-to-stitch on the coat so that I can add the Varushkan Virtue animals.

I'll be starting to plan out my 2020 bullet journal; my goals will be less ambitious, but perhaps more realistically achievable than the outright failure of this year. This is related to this blog and this character.

I will be listing my sewing patterns at some point, with which Empire nations they could best work with.

No comments: