Thursday 9 August 2012

More about those summer fabrics and alterations of new clothes

Alright, here's a better image of the orange-yellow seersucker, it's actually got cerise in it as well, which is clearly visible in this shot. It's still cheerful and I think it'd be great turned into a skirt, shorts or pantaloons.



A better representation of the flower-sun turquoise batik. I'd like to find something suitable for this that makes use of the flower-suns that is still clothing-tied. I just had the idea of putting it on the back of a waistcoat and maybe highlighting the pattern with selective machine stitching... hmm.


As to the turquoise seersucker, it's washed, it's dried and the colour value hasn't changed to any noticeable degree. Course, I did wash it in cold water instead of 30C temps.

Below are two new items that arrived today from Nepal and elsewhere via the USA. The first one is an A-line skirt and I'd hate to see what their smaller sizes are like because the XL is more like an XS. I'm going to have to unpick the stitching at either side of the hips, remove the useless elastic and install two tapes at the waistband and then sew the side seams into Y rather than sewing them together because there's no way I can get the skirt over my hips. Pity, it's a lovely and very colourful and playful skirt. It's also very long, if I could get it over my hips, it's nearly floor length.


The patchwork wrap-around skirt (not pictured) arrived with it and fits just fine, it's almost ankle-length and I'm looking forward to wearing it.

Below is the shawl that came with it and has the lovely machine-embroidery with cup sequins add sparkle to it. I bought the shawl with the intent to use it for belly dance or general clothing spruce up. Most shawls you can use for a neck scarf, but this one? It'd be a shame to hide the wonderful decoration on it, so, shawl or hip scarf will be its destiny.





No comments: