Wednesday 28 April 2010

Book Covers project - location search - Chafford

The other day I went out with the new camera to some local woodland. Several things inclined me to the task: 1) I hadn't been to the woodland and I like visiting nature; 2) I was hoping to find a suitably remote location yet accessable for the book covers project; 3) it was a sunny day and almost warm; 4) get used to using the new camera.

I think I succeeded.

Go go invasive species... the American grey squirrel is an aggressive nuissance, it has nearly driven the native red squirrel into extinction. In the fifteen years I've been here, I have yet to see a native red squirrel in the wild, they are that rare.







Yes, I know there's fence and a house visible in the background, however, careful choice of angle of view can solve that issue and if the model is willing to sit in the crux of the tree, even better.



Another spot where selective angle of view can make this work.







There's a lot of ivy at the moment, but not much nettle, nettle seems to prefer areas with a little more sunlight than one gets under the canopy of trees.

No comments: