Tuesday 23 March 2010

score! pt 3

(really, almost finished...!)

I'm smitten with this waistcoat. I had to make a deal with the shop as it was missing one of the brass buttons at the waist. I received a discount but it is non-returnable; to which, I have no problem with as I finally have a waistcoat that has enough room in the armholes. The armholes being a frequent issue for me with store-bought garments. A size up was too big in the chest, a size down was too small in the waist for the waistcoat to button.

Somewhat masculine while cut for a female form, excellent. Cotton fabric with grosgrain ribbon and brass button trim and fastenings. The lining is a synthetic fabric. The pockets are just large enough for a pocketwatch. Superb.



Some of the details of the lower front:



Details of the upper half:



Waistcoat back:



Some of the nice little finds from the men's section of H&M:

Bracelets - in reclaimed leather and pewter hardware.



Stud-belt - in deep red-brown leather with brass hardware.



Black knitted armwarmers of mostly synthetic with about 20% wool.



Black viscose scarf that is about two metres long and close to a metre wide.

No comments: