Friday 11 November 2011

New project

Yes, it's been a while.

New steampunk project in the works as I'm finally taking a dressmaking course to assist me.

The hat:


The blouse:


The jacket:


The cloak pin:


The cape:


The trousers:


My intent is to create a gender-mixed, slightly military-flavoured outfit. My use of the red wool and green lining will remove confusion with any known military unit. The cape will end at buttocks. I intend to wear my All Saints Damisi boots. I'm going with 'antique gold' for buttons for the shell jacket. I'll have to look at creating some fingerless gloves.

You'll be correct in noting there are no mentions of gears or goggles. I do think I will do some Irish-style crochet for possibly the hat or the shell jacket collar, I haven't yet decided.

Suggestions, comments and whatever are appreciated.

No comments: