Saturday 21 June 2014

A productive Solstice

Today, I was going to do so many things, I did none of them. Instead, I ended up working on the 'mark 2' dance bra that's been sitting with the straps cut off for months. I've had the metal rings to make the alterations, but I've let whatever silly thoughts distract me from getting on with it... until today.


Bra front - in progress

Bra side - in progress

It's not how I originally envisaged it, but it works for what I need and want. I wanted something on the sides, since we spend so much time with our arms and elbows up at shoulder height or higher.

I'm waiting on some extra DIY bits to arrive, so I've stopped where I am with this until those bits arrive and I can play with more ideas. As it is, I can wear this for a performance, it's 'done enough' to do that. However, I want more bling... even if this bra already weighs a kilo.

Most of the hardware came from The Red Camel or Tribal Souk; but the brass chrysanthemums on the sides are from TribalMart.net

Where the rings are at the top, I intend to cover the exposed stitching with some metal bits, that's part of the DIY bits that are in transit.

 

No comments: